Applications for priority admission are due by January 29, 2016 at 4pm. Applications received after this date are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Schedule a School Tour:
Choosing the right school for your family is a big decision! At St. Lucy School, the Admission Director partners with you throughout the application process. When you are ready to find out more, please let us know! We are proud of our program and encourage individual school tours! Please don’t hesitate to call or email our Admissions Director, Laurie Galdes, at (408) 3786196 or email@example.com.
Submit an Application:
Applications must be submitted for each child enrolled. There is a nonrefundable application fee of $50.00 for each applicant. Mail or deliver the application and associated paperwork to the school office. Office hours are MondayFriday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
To ensure your child’s success, it is very important that your child is academically and socially ready for admission to St. Lucy School. A student assessment is required as part of the application process. PreK and Kindergarten applicants will be assessed using the Gesell Institute developmental screening: http://www.gesellinstitute.org/parents. Students will receive a 45 minute assessment appointment time. Transfer applicants applying for Grades 18 are required to attend an allday shadow visit in the student’s current grade level classroom, which will also include an academic assessment appointment with our VicePrincipal for students in grades 48. During the summer, students will meet with our VicePrincipal/Principal for an individual assessment.
The school principal and pastor, following this stated policy, shall make decisions on admission. Where there are more qualified applicants than spaces for any particular grade, students will be accepted or placed on a waiting list according to the following priorities:
- Age Requirement: Children entering PreKindergarten must be four years old by 09/01/16. Children entering Kindergarten must be five years old by 09/01/16.
- Applicants applying before the priority deadline of January 29, 2016.
- Sibling of students currently enrolled in St. Lucy School
- Baptized Catholic children of active St. Lucy parishioners.
- Baptized Catholic children whose families are registered and participating members of Catholic parishes without schools.
- Baptized Catholic children of St. Lucy alumni.
- Baptized Catholic children of families who are registered and participating at another Catholic parish.
- Baptized Catholic children of families not active in any Catholic parish.
- Nonbaptized children
In order to be considered an active St. Lucy parishioner, you must:
- Register at St. Lucy Parish: Complete the registration form available in the parish office.
- Participate at St. Lucy Parish: Regularly celebrate Sunday liturgy with St. Lucy parish.
- Contribute to St. Lucy Parish: Provide regular financial support of $500 or more annually to St. Lucy Parish through monthly Parish Pay contributions or weekly giving via envelopes.
Notification letters for priority admission status indicating immediate acceptance, not ready, or waiting list for Kindergarten and PreKindergarten will be mailed in midFebruary. Transfer students will be notified in March. Applicants who apply after the January deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St. Lucy School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, or disability in the admission of students, the administration of educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other schooladministered programs.