History of St. Lucy Parish School:
St. Lucy School is part of the thriving Catholic community at St. Lucy Parish in Campbell. The school is one of 29 Catholic schools in the Diocese of San Jose and was established in September 1953 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur with a student body of 122 first, second and third grade students. The school expanded yearly until we reached eighth grade. Our Pre-Kindergarten opened in 2012, adding 4-year-olds to the St. Lucy School program! The Sisters served as administrators, faculty, and staff for 37 years. Today, although there are no Sisters on staff, we continue our rich Catholic tradition of academic excellence.
St. Lucy School is proud to celebrate over 65 years of academic excellence in the historic Campbell community. St. Lucy Parish celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2015!
Full 6 year accreditation
Our top-notch curriculum earned us the maximum 6-year term of accreditation by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) in 2014. The WCEA is a private educational accrediting agency established under the auspices of the Bishops of the Catholic Dioceses of California. Every 6 years we are accredited by WCEA. In June 2014, St. Lucy Parish School received the full 6 year accreditation, which is the highest award granted!
St. Lucy School is part of the Diocese of San Jose. The Diocese of San Jose is the second largest school district in Santa Clara County, educating over 16,500 students spanning from Gilroy to Palo Alto. Under the direction of a Superintendent and two Assistant Superintendents of Schools, there are fourteen preschools, twenty-nine Kindergarten – 8th grade elementary schools, and six Catholic High Schools.